If I had a nickel for every time I drank too much and returned home to email people and ended up dating someone because of it, I’d have at least 30 cents. In this economy 30 cents is nothing to sneeze at.
Coldplay was canceled tonight, due to the illness of one of the band members. Instead we opted to check out the new Biergarten (Beer garden for you non Germans). It was fun, though nothing food wise that I was super interested in. But I liked the beer. I liked it a lot. I’m not supposed to drink, between the issues going on in my head and high triglycerides, but I did. And it was fun. Even if there were terrorist hippies meeting out front while we were trying to read their lips.
For a cold rainy day, I didn’t mind it being my day off. Good day to read. Also a good day to get Blue Thunder inspected. Of course as soon as I left my house the service engine soon light came on. For those non-NY’ers, the policed state of NY will not pass your car inspection with the light on, therefore I never went to the garage. At 9:05 this evening the light went off, of course nobody is around for an inspection at that hour. Stupid laws and cars (don’t tell Blue Thunder I said that).
Friday will be two weeks since I woke up with partial vision loss. Two weeks later and 5 doctors later, I still don’t have authorization for an MRI. That means I still haven’t had an MRI. At this point it’s kind of like why bother, I’ve already adjusted to the change in vision and the dizziness. I no longer do dances that require you to not be dizzy. Instead I’ve adjusted to dances where dizziness actually help you. So stay tuned as I shift my dances to those safe for my current level of dizziness. Whenever I get dizzy I always want to yell “I’M DO DIZZY, I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M FUCKING A PURPLE ELEPHANT”. Can anyone tell me what movie that’s from? (FYI, I’ve never fucked a purple elephant. A purple dinosaur yes, elephant no.)
I’m a bit tipsy and less than able to form proper sentences backed up by thoughts. So take what you’ve been given and be thankful. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll be a bit more sober. Don’t count on it, but you never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment