Monday, May 18, 2009

If Shirley Only Knew

I’m frustrated with the medical community. Not just because of my experiences today, but in general. It just seems to get worse. What’s the point of having a Dr if all they ever say is “if it’s an emergency go to the ER”. That’s why I need a Dr, to help me know when it’s an emergency. It’s a losing battle trying to get an appt with a medical professional any time in the next 6 months.

I think I’m going to have to take on the medical profession. I want to be the Erin Brockovich of the medical world. But not today, I don’t have the energy or focus.

I think I have the equivalent of PMS today. It has nothing to do with bodily cycles. Has nothing to do with hormones. I don’t have a uterus. I guess what that really means is I’m just a bit cranky today. But I want to be able to label it with something more than crankiness. I want initials damnit.

After I take on the medical profession I’m going to take on the state of New York. But since I currently work for them I better not discuss my future plans. But they’re on the list too. (Not my employer, the state. The whole state, even Staten Island.)

I had a disturbing experience this afternoon on the bus to work. Partway there Penny Marshall got on at one of the stops. Apparently she’s homeless now and living off of Delaware Ave. I snapped her picture and sent it out to my address book. By the time I arrived to work I realized Penny Marshall is really a man. I wonder if she’s always been a man, or if it’s a change she recently had. Perhaps that’s why she’s homeless, living in Albany, and riding the #9. She’s the one with the red hat on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment