Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo

My plans for tonight fell through, and so I took a mini nap. Actually two mini naps. The first being 6 minutes long, the second closer to 18 minutes. I feel refreshed and ready to start the day over.

I’m waiting for a book to arrive. A friend told me about it on Saturday, said it was a must read for me. I scooted off to Barnes and Nobles, but they couldn’t find it, they didn’t even think it existed. My Mom found it online later that day and ordered it as a late birthday gift. It’s called Dumbfounded by Matt Rothschild. Check it out. All I know is there are imaginary midgets in it, and that’s all I need to hear. http://www.mattrothschild.com/Dumbfounded/Home.html

Birthday plans are set and in motion. At 4:30 today I had a lot of balls in the air. By 5:30 all the balls were in my hands. I’m excited about the rest of the week, and the big party the city of Albany is throwing me. They keep calling it Tulip Fest, but I know it’s for me. Last year was such a blast, this year is setting up to be even better. Third Eye Blind is performing, that’s like a wet dream come true for me. If any of you remember the story of my friend Emily (I posted many months ago) and her friend Steven who was in a band and she was always telling me how great the band was. I never paid much attention. This was 15 years ago, and she lived in California. A while later I was telling her about this great band I just heard, and said the name was Third Eye Blind. She called me an idiot and told me that was her friend’s band that she had been talking about all along. She was right, they are a great band.

Add to that a mix of friends passing throughout the day, mix in some Absolut and a bunch of mini wine bottles for Robyn, and the party is good to go. I might need to be a little more careful this year. Last year was debauchery across the park and throughout Lark St. I got in trouble with bartenders, watched two queens have a fight (they slapped and screamed like little girls), partied with my friends, ran into more friends, and met random strangers that I took pictures with. It was what I would call ‘off the hook’ if it was still 1998. But it’s not. So let’s move on.

Tomorrow night I’m going to dinner with a friend then to another softball game. This will be the second time in my life I’ve watched adults play ball, outside of the old Yankee Stadium. It should be the only nice day of the week (for my birthday of course). It’s also the last day of I work before I begin my week of longer days. Just the extra half hour this week seems long, I can only imagine how the extra hour and 15 minutes is going to feel next week. I may need to start drinking regularly in the afternoon. (Disclaimer: Not that I would ever drink at work, I’m not stupid, I watch Dateline.)

I got distracted looking at pictures of myself and forgot I was in the middle of a post. It’s about time to wrap things up, have a snack and get ready to turn 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment