Sunday, May 17, 2009

Afternoon At The Movies

Every year my old roommate, and one of my bestest friends in the whole world, treat other to things at some point in the year months after our birthday. Usually a movie. Especially a movie of something from when we were roommates, like ‘Sex In The City’, ‘Reno 911’, and of course, ‘Star Trek’.

I had plans with my OCFS girls today, but one of their kids had the flu, so I had a free day. Still a bit under the weather (please see forthcoming blog post about that) and trying to rest, I figured today was a good day to take Ronnie to see Star Trek for his birthday, which was 2 ½ months ago. I looked online, and the IMAX one was this afternoon. At that same time Ronnie signed online, I quick asked if he wanted to go, he said he did, I ordered tickets and the plans were set in motion.

Loved the movie, but that’s now what I’m here to talk about. Instead I’d like to share a conversation overheard today in the IMAX theater. Okay, not so much overheard by me, as much as overheard by anyone sitting close enough to hear me say it.

Eric (pointing to a man sitting down 3 rows in front of us): Homo
Ronnie (laughing): Eric, you’ve flirted with him. (At this point, said homo 3 rows in front of us turns his head so I see his profile.)
Eric (recognizing profile and remembering a drunken night several years before): I did more than flirt, I made out with him in the ladies room.
Ronnie giggles
End scene

I can only imagine what the old people who seemed to have flocked around us in the theater might have thought. I hope picturing me and the guy in the hat making out in the girls room didn’t ruin the IMAX experience for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment