Well my week without Facebook is just about over. I have to say it has been an experience. The first couple days were awful. I felt lost without knowing what everyone was up to. I felt like I wasn’t sure what other uses I had for my laptop besides FB. But I eventually adjusted. Of course the purpose of no FB for a week was to see how much I could get done, but that didn’t work out too well either. The first day I got a lot done, but after that my back was out and I spent the majority of the rest of the time in bed. The pain was such that even using my laptop was not practical, so while I couldn’t get on FB even to pass the time, I also couldn’t get much writing done. But I got some thoughts through this thick head of mine, and at least am pointing in the right direction.
My life has become all about kids lately. It seems each weekend’s plans have been dictated by children’s birthday parties and festivities. I love it; it’s been a lot of fun spending so much time with so many kids. But by the time my birthday comes around I will certainly be ready for some adult time and adult beverages. It’s hard to believe I’m about to turn 36. Last night something on TV was being discussed and they kept mentioning ‘late 30’s’ as if it were a cut off point in life. Like after that point in time there’s just no point in even trying, because you officially become old. It annoyed me. Granted, my body is feeling a bit older than it has in the past, but on the inside I’m still a wild child…a wild child of twenty something. Unfortunately my body doesn’t go along with the wild child on the inside, but I think I can maintain a happy medium.
For now I’ll just deal with facing 36. I hate even numbered birthdays. Other than 30, I tend to prefer the odd years. Even years always pose such challenges to me. This year I don’t really want any major challenges, just enlightenment, good food, and if all goes well some hot and dirty sex before my next birthday.
The Wizard of Fozz, my new blog is just going live this week. In fact if you’re reading this, you’re one of the first people to read the new blog. I’m very excited about the new beginning. Not that I don’t love the past, or the 3 or 4 thousand blogs I’ve posted on my old blog, but it’s time for something new. New and exciting. So thanks for being a part of that.
Just a quick post for now. Working on some goodies to post over the weekend as the site finishes its beginning stages of existence and all the kinks get worked out. Soon I hope you’ll be quite entertained by the site, and not just for my words, but because of all the other fun stuff. Pictures, bios, recommended blogs and writers to check out. It’s gonna be a lot of fun, and as it grows bigger there will be more and more for you enjoyment until one day I hope visiting the Wizard of Fozz will be all you’ll need for online entertainment (minus porn of course, that will be kept on it’s own private site away from everything else so as not to distract from my written word).
Speaking of porn, I think we underestimate those that work in it. Not just the actors, because I think we can all underestimate how hard it is to do the dirty on command in front of a camera. (Not that I know personally, but I might.) But all that goes into it. The writers. We always joke that there is no plot to porn, or just horrible tacky plot. But have we ever considered the writers? What they actually have to do and go through to write those stories that we so often say are lame plots? Think about the conundrums faced each day by people wanting to use their creative side and write, but the only job they can get paid for is pornography. Finding a balance between your voice as an author and fitting in 5 anal scenes and a threesome involving the cable guy. Then to actually write the script, beyond the creativity of the ideas. I think I have a respect for the authors of pornographic screenplays now that I did not previously have. Think about it. Better yet, try your hand at writing a porn. I’m interested to see who does it, and what kind of products you come up with. I will be accepting submissions of your projects over the next several weeks, so please, I’d like to see what you come up with.
On that note I am off to begin an exciting Friday night. With a bad back and the residual effects of being semi-heavily medicated the past couple of days I don’t have a lot of motivation to accomplish anything, so my time is short and in need of being creatively manipulated so as to get everything done that needs to be so I may resume laying flat on my back like the invalid I was born to be.
Again, welcome to the Wizard of Fozz, and I hope you enjoy your time and visit here as much as I enjoy creating it for you.
ok - i will be the first to comment. i have always hated the even numbered birthdays too. But 40 has been good so far - so 36 will be good for you too. I have spoken. :-)
ReplyDelete