I don’t even know where to begin tonight. I have 4 posts to post, but also need to finish them. Instead I’m jumping feet first into a whole new post. I feel like I have experienced a full palate of emotions today. It began when I woke up this morning very anxious. For no good reason. It wasn’t long I had talked myself out of any anxiousness. But then the day progressed with a cornucopia of bullshit. I don’t use the term bullshit loosely. A lot of it though was not from my environment, it was the battle going on inside my head spurred on by what was going on around me.
On my way home from work I sat a red light (unlike when I usually stop for green lights, or wait for stop signs to turn green) with my head against the window and though to myself I need to make a list of what my priorities really are. (For those who don’t know I am now thinking in italics.)
Lori came to my rescue and told me I overwhelm myself. I told her my life is full of a lot of really great things I’m really mediocre at. I think I need to make some choices about what the really important things are and roll with that. Maybe my life is bogged down by details. Maybe life really is as simple as it is on Family Guy and I need to realize that.
Or maybe I just overdosed on Cadbury eggs last night. I knew a lady when I was a little in our church who always went crazy when she had chocolate. Maybe I had so much last night that it’s making me crazy today.
I enjoyed my Easter holiday immensely. Because I have funny friends and beautiful family. My friends are beautiful too, and I have a funny family but that’s not the direction I’m going. My friends, because they understand the true evil that lies behind those big dark eyes of the Easter Bunny. My family because I spent a beautiful day with beautiful family, enjoying them all. Enjoying where I come from, looking forward to where I’m going. We had a traditional Easter dinner of ravioli and Italian meats. I’m sure that comes from somewhere in the bible. Maybe the last supper?
Speaking of supper, I think there is a direct correlation between the ban on trans fat and the downfall of the economy. Doesn’t anyone else see the connection? Why aren’t people doing something about it?
I’m also starting to think that maybe my ex is a vampire. Maybe I need to slow down on reading the second Twilight book. Only in my version he’s a reverse vampire. I’ll go into detail on that in a forthcoming collection of short stories, or a series of long stories in short hand.
There’s some leftover Easter ravioli waiting for me, and I think some time for personal reflection and thought is in order. Of course I just took my pain medication so the time for thinking may have passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment