I awoke in a fog this morning at 6:43. “Crap, I woke up an hour late” I thought as I rolled over and closed my eyes for a second. Next thing I knew it was 7:22, the panic of that alone was enough to wake me out of my slumber. I feel as if my body is telling me it’s tired. Sunday morning I awoke from my night’s sleep at 1 in the afternoon. Without a hangover. The last time I slept that late on a weekend was due to a wild night the night before. As wild as I got on Saturday night was eating mini moon pies with peanut butter filling. But I digress.
After waking up having some coffee and checking my email, I began to get sleepy again. Granted, due to a bad week the past week I have been taking pain killers (not good strong ones) and muscle relaxers. Add to that the beginning of a rough allergy season already, and I was well medicated this weekend. When I wasn’t dopey because of Benadryl, I was loopy from muscle relaxers. About 4:00 on Sunday afternoon, 3 short hours after waking up, I fell back asleep with visions of Five Guys burgers dancing in my head. I woke up sometime after 9. I had missed my opportunity for a burger. I had missed my chance to do laundry. I had missed several calls, including the last one from my Mom wondering if I was still alive since I hadn’t answered all day. It was after 9 on a Sunday night and I had slept my whole day to myself away.
But fear not, I did not let it bring me down. Instead I ate a big bowl of frosted Cheerios, watched Family Guy, played online with friends and family, and crawled back into bed by 1, for several more hours of sleep.
But even with all that sleep this morning my body did not want to get up. I rarely oversleep, and today I felt completely in a fog. I ran to the coffee maker and waited close to hysterics for it to brew. As soon as it did I gulped down the equivalent of my first two morning cups. I ran to the shower and shaved, something I hadn’t done in 5 or 6 days. (Oddly enough shaving really hurts when my back is bad, I think it’s all in my head.) I jumped in my car and drove to work, ready to face another week. I slowly woke up as the day progressed. It was hard not to get excited when the cafeteria in our building switched from coffee that tasted like flavored piss to Green Mountain. And on top of that today was Rainforest Nut day. I hate to be stereotypical and tell you how happy I was about the nut, so I won’t.
As for now, it’s late. But many things have been accomplished. I even managed to catch up on some pictures of this guy that he sent me weeks ago. I put them aside until I could take his badgering no more. They were hot. I guess that was my equivalent of internet porn for the day. But it makes me wonder what kind of person is so adamant about sharing naked pictures of themselves that they pester the other person until they give in. I don’t think I have enough naked confidence for that. Someday remind me to tell you about the night I brazenly decided to take naked photos of where my bathing suit covered to send to some guy who was at the same party I was at. But thanks to Verizon, and their delay in picture mail, what could have resulted in a night of passionate semi conscious love making instead turned out to be a night alone, touching myself inappropriately.
Such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment