Friday, April 24, 2009

Half Percent Blues

It’s always that less than 1% that gets me. “Risk is less than 1% of being injured on a amusement park ride”. I got injured on an amusement park ride. That kind of stuff.

So it is with my self esteem it seems. I noticed today my Facebook friend count went down by one. That means someone made a conscious decision to no longer be my friend. I don’t take kindly to that. Now, the other 177 people are still my friend. But now I can’t stop thinking about that less than 1% of my total friends (.5% actually, thanks to Anna Banana teaching me how to do percents today, nobody tell my boss). I will begin to fixate on it until I search through and figure out who doesn’t want to be my friend anymore.

Friendship with me is like working in that firm in the movie The Firm. Nobody gets out alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment