Thursday, June 18, 2009

It Has A Good Beat And I Wish I Could Dance To It

Just a quick blog update. This Lyme disease is kicking my hiney, not to be confused with H1N1 virus.

The last 2 days have been brutal. But I keep holding on to the hope that the medicine will soon work. Yesterday as sick as I felt, I remained in good spirits. Today not so much. But I survived another day, and another day wheat free. (As I sit here trying to decide what to eat so I don't die of malnourishment.)

After my nutritionist appt yesterday Mom and I went to dinner at Ruby Tuesday. "You can have steak and a potato" she kept saying as I protested, finally giving in. They had a gluten free (a slightly stricter set of dietary restrictions than just wheat) menu, so I requested it. It was literally hamburgers and steak. What made it gluten free? Under the burgers it said "please be sure to ask for your burger without the bun". I thought that was kind of the purpose of the menu, but maybe I was wrong. Dinner was good though, even if they'e gluten free menu is lacking.

I'd like to stay and chat, but I have a very busy schedule of laying around ahead of me. Including some scrambled eggs. Remember to ask for no toast I keep telling myself.

On a sidenote, the new Black Eyed Peas album is one of the few highlights in this week of sicknss. Check it out, I really think I could dance to it if I had any energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment