Monday, June 1, 2009

Chasing Waterfalls

I’m on cloud nine tonight. Not only did Blue Thunder pass inspection, but I found a xanax that had apparently been missing. I realized today if I keep my car for 8 more years, and continue to get the inspection on the first day of the month after it expires, I will have screwed the state out of an inspection fee. Of course I’d probably have to put $5000 into the car to keep it running for 8 years to save $21. It’s all a matter of principle. If I’m still driving Blue Thunder in 2017 you’ll know why.

I had my brain tests today. When they asked if I was claustrophobic I said no. Because I’m not. But then they put this mask on me. It was like a Hannibal Lector type mask. Then they tucked my arms in beside me and slid me into the machine. Then I thought well maybe I am a bit claustrophobic. After the first few tests they put a needle in my arm to give an IV type thing with dye in it. Everything went fine, and they went to test it to make sure it was working and the needle broke, pouring blood into my arm (I’m excited for the bruise, it will look like I’m a junkie, that can only be to my advantage). The guy said he had never seen that happen. So they had to do the dye on the other arm. When I finally left the room I walked out with bandages on both arms, with a blood stained arm on one side. I’m sure that really instilled confidence on the next person in the waiting room.

My ovulating friend (she’s trying to get pregnant, and went to a fertility place and dropped a couple eggs they can now fertilize, it all sounds so romantic doesn’t it?) was hoping there would at least be a cute radiologist or something to distract me. Instead it was an older unfortunate looking man with some kind of speech impediment and hands that smelled like strawberries.

I realized late last night that in all the busyness of my day yesterday, and all the work I got done before my back gave out for the day, that I literally cleaned half of my apartment. Not half in like half the rooms. I mean half of every room. It’s like my apartment is bipolar, or the odd couple. Right now I’m sitting on the dirty side. But I’m thinking about sleeping on the clean side tonight. I kind of like having the option.

Wednesday my best friend’s mother, also my mother’s best friend, is arriving from Florida. She’ll only be here for 3 months this year, since my friend is due to have her 6th kid in the fall. That means for the next 3 months my mother will be occupied and travelling all over the place slowly spending my inheritance. It’s always fun though when she’s here (or the whole family). Lots of shopping. Lots of eating. Lots of laughing. All good things as far as I’m concerned. Sorry to interrupt that thought, but I just realized my fly is down. I wonder how long it’s been like that. I’m wearing bright blue underwear too, I wonder how many people got a peek this evening in my travels.

Too many shiny things tonight distracting me. I forgot I was even writing a blog. It’s the anticipation of the DMB concert on tonight. I’ve been waiting for WEEKS.

1 comment: