Tuesday, October 20, 2009

There Once Was A Man From Nantucket...

I'm feeling much better. It's been about 6 good days now. Though I can feel it going downhill, I have noticed that my good days have been some of my best days in over a year.

The benefit was amazing. I will write more about it. I'm hard at work on the other exciting news, our new website. An all inclusive Lyme disease resource...or at least that's what I'm hoping it will come to. I hope by next month it will be up and running.

October 29th is when I go to see the specialist. I can't wait to go, yet I'm also very nervous. I know that once I start treatment is when things are gonna get rough...that's scary. As one person in Under Our Skin says "I know what my bad days are like, and I do everything I can to avoid them, so to be told I'm going to get worse is a scary thing". That pretty much sums it up. But I know without it I'll never get better. So let's get it started and over with!

Tomorrow I'm going with a fellow Lymie for a form of quantum pulse therapy, which has had very positive results with Lyme disease. It's someone local, who also healed from this same therapy, so I'm hoping to have some positive results.

In the meantime I'm trying to keep my mind from going crazy. On bad days when I feel awful it's not so bad being in bed all day. But on good days when I have more of my mind about me, it's hard to just sit here all day. It's even worse when I think I can be normal and then wear myself out before I get a chance to do anything. It's all a learning process. Every day my body is different. Every day is a learning experience as I realize what my body is going through that day. I'm learning not to expect too much, then it's easy not to feel let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment