Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh No He Didn't. Oh Yes He Did.

It's been a very emotional day. I went into work for the holiday party, and until I was back in the building I didn't really realize how much I miss the waterless urinals. I'm more determined than ever now to get back to work, if for nothing else the waterless urinals. I was pleased to see they've changed the deodorant pads in the urinals, quite a pleasant change if you ask me.

My mind isn't quite on queue tonight, and I stopped trying to edit things, since it wasn't happening. Figured what better thing to do when your mind isn't working then write a blog. Only I wrote the first part, and forgot about it for 2 hours until I thought I should write a blog...then I remembered. So insert 2 hours of witty banter in between these paragraphs, because that's what you would have had if I had remembered I was even writing this.

I've been listening to some pretty soulful music this evening, I think it's making my mind even more scatterbrained.

I had 2 separate incidents with the Albany PD today. Making 3 for the week. This morning someone tried to break in to the house across the street. I think maybe other places, but that was the one he got close to. The neighbor called the police, and then the detectives came. I just pulled in from the store as the cops were searching in between the buildings. I thought I was busted...for what I don't know, but I watch Dateline, I know these things happen. Then the forensics van-o-fun pulled up, took some samples from the window, and the street returned to normal.

Driving home from the work party, it was dark and I thought my headlight was out. But until I pulled into Mobil behind a cop, I didn't know it actually was out. He said "hey buddy, you got a bum light" and went in to get his free coffee. I was gonna pay for it if it wasn't free, for telling me about it and not giving me a ticket. But it was nice of him to tell me. Once the snow stops tomorrow I'll head out for a headlight.

Today I got panicky, thinking I needed to run out and buy a roast and some orange juice before the storm came. Then I realized how dumb that was. With 4 inches of snow, that will be washed away by rain by noon, I think I'll live without orange juice or a hunk of cattle.

It's pill time, and then I think watch mindless TV time. The Lyme website is coming along nicely, I put a couple things up already, getting excited for all the great things that will be on it. It's been a brilliant distraction this week to say the least.

Go forth and prosper, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment