I have been doing pretty much nothing but writing lately, but I haven't put much thought into a post recently. Tonight I feel the need to say stupid things, and I'm sure I've annoyed enough people through Twitter and Facebook status updates tonight. Well, how else does one say stupid things one thinks are worthy of being ready by others in such a situation? Duh, a blog. Lucky for me, I happen to have one.
I had such great plans for today, but used all my energy trying to get a special Lyme test done. In fact I fell asleep for an hour after that. It took almost 2 hours. Part of the reason is I couldn't find the lab, even though I've been there twice a month every month for the past 5 months. And then I got on the highway going the wrong way to come home, so I had to take a detour of sorts. In the beginning of Lyme disease, that would have really bothered me. I still remember the first times I'd have the brain fog settle in over me and would get lost, or not recognize where I was. It was scary then, but with time I've gotten used to it. In fact, I'm going to miss having the excuse when I finally get better. Then it will just be Eric being ditzy again, but for now I'm hanging on to the medical reason as long as I can.
I can't believe that Christmas is less than 3 weeks away now. I haven't even begun to start complaining about the holidays yet. I am so far behind schedule. I haven't seen Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas yet either, which is truly the only thing I like about Christmas (other than the presents).
The next 2 weeks are full of appointments, parties, and pepperoni. I'm sure there will be more than pepperoni involved, but I need something with a good poppin' p. Next week is my work party, I'm so excited to go in and see everyone. It will be almost 5 months since I've been in the building. So hard to believe.
I have an updated Dr's note to bring to them. I got it in the mail today. I had to laugh at the wording...luckily my office knows what I've been going through, so it won't be a shock when they see it in print. "Mr Rutulante suffers from...severe cognitive dysfunction." When I go back to work I'm going to make him give me a note that says "Mr Rutulante's cognition is now functioning". I think it would be a lot more fun if Dr's notes no longer contained words, just smiley faces to describe things. You know if you get a sad face, that the employee can't work. A happy face, and they are good to go again. But if you get a wink, what message is that getting across? Or one of these jobbies :-*. No really, what the hell is that supposed to be? It looks to me like a fetal alcohol syndrome emoticon. All that's missing is the large forehead.
The countdown has officially begun, less than 6 weeks until I leave Albany to return to Saugerties. The good news is I'll have my piano again, I wonder how long before my Mom offers to pay for an apartment after I start practicing the hits of the 80's again. The other good news to this move is I will be much closer to NY's first (and only so far I believe) Sonic. We've watched the damned commercials for that place for years now, and finally I can enjoy a slushie, in my car, watching teenagers on roller skates and reenact the commercials. I will be casting the role of Sonic Customer #2 in Car in early February, stay tuned for details.
I will also have to remember now, when I smell skunk, that it is probably a skunk. See in Albany, if I think I smell a skunk, chances are I'm near some really good weed. In Saugerties, chances are I'm near a skunk. It just takes some adjusting, that's all.
I'd love to spend more time on this funky train with y'all, but I've got some other important things to do this evening. I've missed a lot of celebrity dirt this week having the flu, so I have a lot to catch up on.
That reminds me, I have an appt at noon tomorrow for my H1N1 vaccination. My age group with immune system problems finally qualifies. Still don't think I'm gonna get it, but I gotta remember to cancel it if I don't so someone else can have it. I'm not sure my body needs any more foreign objects being put into it at this time. (Ahhhh....10 years ago that would have had such a different meaning, I miss being slutty.)
No comments:
Post a Comment